Never tried vegetarian before? This awesome bowl is packed full of nutrients and deliciousness to keep you full and your weight loss on track.
- 1 egg
- 30g halloumi
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/4 cup sauerkraut or fermented vegetables (optional but great for gut health and digestion)
- baby spinach
- 1 tsp seeds
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes
- Sweet potatoes (optional)
To poach the egg:
- Boil a saucepan with water (enough to just cover the egg) with tbsp of vinegar.
- Once it reaches boiling point. Turn the heat off and crack your egg straight into the pot.
- Allow it to cook for 5 minutes still on the hot plate but turned off for a soft poached egg, 6 minutes for medium and 7-8 for hard poached.
- Drain from the water.
Whilst the egg is cooking, heat a frypan and pan-fry the halloumi. Assemble the baby spinach, halve the cherry tomatoes, add sauerkraut and avocado in a bowl. Add the halloumi and egg once cooked. Top with the seeds.
Serves 1 – 266 calories / 16.3g fat / 10.9g carbohydrates / 17.5g protein