Looking for a light meal for those hot summer days? This Thai Beef Salad will quickly become a go-to.
Tender sliced beef, a Thai inspired dressing, and a tasty way to beat the heat this summer!
Serves 4, takes 30 Mins
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 garlic glove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 600-700g Beef rump steak
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 continental cucumber, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 red chillies, halved, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh thai basil, leaves picked
- 200g fresh baby spinach
- Mix together ingredients for dressing in a measuring jug.
- Place steak in a dish and drizzle with half of dressing. Cover with plastic and marinate for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat pan or grill to high. Cook steak for 2-3 minutes each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to plate and cover with foil, allowing to rest for 10 minutes.
- Place the rest of the salad ingredients in a large bowl and stir.
- Thinly cut steak across the grain, and add to salad.
Note: there are 377 calories per serve