As the cold nights creep in it’s time to warm up with this super easy and delicious original Chinese takeaway dish.
- 500g chicken thigh, cut into cubes
- 3 tbsp. arrowroot flour
- 1/2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1/2 cup pineapple, diced (optional but highly recommended)
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. low sugar tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sugarfree maple syrup
- Coat chicken in arrowroot flour.
- Heat the coconut oil in a non-stick frypan.
- Once hot, fry the chicken in batches until it starts to get crispy, Set aside.
- In the same pan, add the onion and garlic.
- Add in the capsicum and cook until the onion has softened.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and add in the sauce ingredients, Stir well.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, stir in the pineapple and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- 294 calories
- 7.7g fat
- 26.1g carbohydrates
- 29.7g protein