Yes, it’s old-fashioned, but it’s bloody delicious too. I like it even better the next day, in a wrap for lunch!
This dish is best served with a basic garden or other simple salad.
- 500g Extra lean beef mince
- 1 Onion, finely grated
- 1 cup grated vegetables (such as zucchini or carrot)
- 1/3 cup quick oats
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup onion, herb, and garlic tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon finely grated parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 180c or 160c fan-forced. Lightly spray a 10 x 20cm loaf tin with oil.
- Put the mince, onion, veggies, oats, egg and 2 tablespoons of the tomato paste in a large bowl, then get your hands in there and mix until really well combined.
- Press the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 20 minutes. Carefully drain any excess liquid from the tin, then spread the remaining tomato paste evenly over the top of the meatloaf and sprinkle with Parmesan. Return to the oven for a further 5 – 10 minutes or until firm to the touch and the juices run clear when you stick a skewer in.
- Let the meatloaf cool a bit before cutting into thick slices and serve with salad.