Us men love a pie and this one won’t disappoint – full of taste and plenty of meat. I’ve upped the serving size so now you get dinner and lunch plus a bonus serve for a mate or your missus – perfect!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g lean pork mince or lean beef mince
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1/2 cup reduced-salt beef stock
- 1 small head (about 650g) cauliflower, trimmed, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Crank the heat up to high, add the mince and cook until browned, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon. Stir in the flour, then the balsamic, tomato paste and stock. Reduce the heat and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chuck the cauliflower in a large microwave bowl with 2 tablespoons of water. Cover and microwave on high for 8-9 minutes or until very tender. Drain, return to the bowl and throw in half the Parmesan and mash until smooth.
- Preheat your oven to 180oC or 160oC fan-forced. Pile the mince into a 3-cup (750 ml) capacity baking dish and spread out evenly. Cover with the cauliflower mash and scatter the remaining cheese over the top. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Serve with some steamed beans for an extra serve of veg.