Most Mac n cheese is packed full of calories and heavy fats but not this one! It’s a great way to hide veggies from the kids (or yourself) and is perfect with a good piece of grilled chicken or steak.
- 1.5 cups raw pumpkin, cubed
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 150g low fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast or 2 tbsp. Vegeta
- pink salt
- 300g raw pulse pasta or high protein lower carb pasta
- 1 cup low-fat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Boil a large pot of water with a sprinkle of salt. Add the pumpkin and cook until tender. Add in the cauliflower and cook until both are soft.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, add in the pumpkin, cauliflower, cream cheese, almond milk, garlic, Vegeta or yeast and a generous amount of salt and pepper. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour pasta into a baking dish.
- Pour the creamy sauce over the pasta and mix to combine.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Serves – 6
- Calories – 302
- Protein – 22g
- Carbs – 31g
- Fat – 9g