Fish tacos are a celebrity favourite from my newspaper column. I reckon they deserve as much attention as those stars get from the paparazzi, with all that lean protein, healthy fat, fresh veg, and tasty chili!
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1-2 long red chilies, deseeded, chopped
- 300g firm white fish fillets (such as flathead)
- 1 red onion, cut into rounds
- 1 green capsicum, cut into strips
- 1/2 small avocado, mashed
- shredded lettuce, to serve
- 6 Taco shells, warmed, to serve
- In a large, combine the lime juice, coriander, and as much chili as you can handle. Throw in the fish and turn until well coated. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for 10 minutes while you preheat your barbie on high.
- Drain the fish. Give the fish, onion, and capsicum a light spray with olive oil and then grill for 2-3 minutes each side or until fish is cooked through and veggies are lightly charred.
- To serve, break the fish into larger flakes. Divide the fish and veggies between the taco shells and top with lettuce and a dollop of avocado.
- SERVES – 2
- PROTEIN – 38.3g
- CARBS – 25.2g
- SUGAR – 7.7g
- FAT – 17.2g
This recipe also works with 300 grams lean chicken breast o trimmed rump steak instead of the fish.