Salty, spicy and crunchy, these roasted chickpeas are everything a man looks for in a snack with the added bonus of a hefty serve of muscle-building protein.
- 1 X 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated parmesan cheese
- A good pinch of dried chilli flakes
- Spread the chickpeas out on a plate lined with paper towel and leave to drain for 1 hour. You want them to be as dry as possible.
- Crank the oven up to 200c or 180c fan forced and line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine the chickpeas, oil, parmesan and chili flakes in a medium bowl and toss until the chickpeas are evenly coated. Spread the mixture out on the prepared tray.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, or until the chickpeas are golden brown and crisp. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Roasted chickpeas will keep in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Protein 10.1g
- Carbs 16.1g
- Sugar 0.8g
- Fat 6.9g