You don’t need to travel to the deep south of the United States to get your hands on some cajun cooking. This simple and delicious recipe will become a household staple! It’s great for meal prep too.
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 2 capsicums (Red & yellow pref)
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 500g Heart smart beef mince (Swap to turkey optional)
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp, tomato puree
- 500g Cooked white rice (swap for brown to lower calories)
Prep 10 mins / Cook 25 mins
1 Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the carrots, peppers and white parts of the spring onions. Sauté for 10 minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
2. Add in the minced beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, until the meat, is browned.
3. Add the Cajun seasoning and tomato purée then stir well. Add in the cooked rice along with 4 tbsp. of water.
4. Stir well to combine all of the ingredients and continue cooking for about 3-4 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with the green parts of the spring onions and serve.
- Serves 3
- 503 Calories
- Protein 40g
- Carbs 55g
- Fats 13g